Our Multi Academy Trust is run by an Executive Board and who are accountable to the
Department for Education (the DfE) and run according to a scheme of delegation.
Each Academy has its own Local Governing Body.
The Executive Board has overall legal responsibility for the operation of the MAT and the
Academies within it. However, the Executive Board works in partnership with its family of
Academies. This Scheme of Delegation therefore provides for certain functions to be carried out
by one or more of the following:
- the Executive Board;
- the Chief Executive Officer;
- the Headteacher / Principal of the Academy; and
- the Local Governing Body of the Academy.
The Members are responsible for some key decisions such as the appointment of the Directors
and the auditors, but have no day to day involvement in the running of the company.
The Directors are responsible for:
- managing the business of the company in accordance with the Articles of Association;
- expending the funds of the company in such a manner as they shall consider most beneficial for the achievement of the object;
- entering into contracts on behalf of the company and exercise independent judgement;
- promoting the success of the company
The Governors who serve on the Local Governing Body are appointed by the Executive Board.
Local governing bodies include both parent and staff representatives.
The Local Governing Body (LGB) for each academy retains levels of authority that are very
similar to those in maintained schools. LGBs report directly to SNMAT rather than to a local authority.
For further details about the local governing body in each of our academies, click each one separately:
Magnus Academy, Newark
Harworth Church of England Academy
St Mary Magdelene Church of England Academy
St John's Church of England Academy, Worksop
Worksop Priory Church of England Academy
Burntstump Seely Church of England Academy
St Peter's Cross Keys Church of England Academy
William Gladstone Church of England Academy